Following Christ in the footsteps of St Chad,
by living out our faith;
taking the church to the community;
and growing the church.
We are the Church of England Parish of Pattingham with Patshull, which is in Staffordshire. St Chad’s Church is at the centre of the village of Pattingham and dates from the 12th century with Victorian additions. As the only church in the parish we welcome those of any denomination or none to our services.
Re-introduction of the Common Cup
Following guidance from the Church of England, it was agreed at the PCC meeting on 7th June to reintroduce the Common Cup as part of Holy Communion from the altar rail from Wednesday 8th June. This change has already been carried out in most churches in our deanery. For those who would prefer to do so it will be possible to receive bread only but intinction (dipping the bread in the wine) will no longer be possible. Alternatively, a blessing at the altar rail can be given for individuals who choose not to receive.
Prayers for Peace
We are all aware of the current situation in Ukraine. We are saying Prayers for Peace in church every Tuesday and Thursday evening at 6 pm. On other days of the week the church will remain open until at least 6.30 pm and there will be a sheet of prayers left in the Lady Chapel for people to use if they wish.
What’s new –
- Snippets from the PCC in July magazine
- Churchwardens’ letter in July magazine
- Century Club winners of June draw
- Introduction of Home Communion at St. Chad’s
- Holiday Club
- ChadNet – no 118– Sunday 26th June 2022
- Rotas for July to September (and first week of October) 2022
- Our Mission Statement and Vision
Services are held in church at 10 am on Sundays and Wednesdays. There are services at 6.30 pm on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month. The church is open every day.
We are no longer streaming services online. Previous streamed and recorded services can be found on the Previous Worship on the Web page.
There are a number of ways which you can give to help with the work of the church in Pattingham with Patshull. They are summarised on the Giving page.
For on line donations use our page at www.justgiving.com/pattingham-church
See the church calendar
Changes due to Coronavirus
Details are on our coronovirus update page.
Our Resources Available Online page gives links to various digital resources available from the Church of England centrally and others.
Also on this website –
- You can find out who we are and how to contact us.
- Information about arrangements for Weddings, Baptisms and Funerals.
- News and reports from the PCC give some information about what the PCC has been doing and is planning. You can find out about the church’s finances and how to give to the church.
- There are pictures and information about past events.
- There are pages of sermons and letters from the vicar.
- Details of the Church Electoral Roll can be found here.
- The Parish News magazine, which is published monthly.